Coming soon - Click on the image above to view previous featured cars

Like to have your car here? Give us a "rev"

1932 FORD PHAETON
MODEL 18

We found this car at an estate auction in Michigan in Aug.1991. The only recognizable part was the body. All the rest of the parts were in boxes. Everything sat for the next 11years before restoration was started. In Jan. of 2003, we heard about the 100 anniversary of The Ford Motor Co. and that they were looking for cars to be displayed. I signed the car up and told my husband he needed to get busy.


We had hoped to drive to Dearborn, but that changed 2 days before we left. A series oil leak developed and the engine had to be removed and torn down. The car was up and running 1 hour before we left, and except for a test drive before it was loaded onto a trailer, we weren't sure if it would be driveable from the trailer parking to the show field, but it was. We drove back and forth and around Dearborn for the next 3 days with no problems.

The 32 Ford was the 1st flathead V-8 Ford produced. It has 65 horsepower, a single barrel carburetor, and was the 1st V-8 engine cast in 1 piece. Model 18 denotes the V-8 engine. The Med. Brewster Green of the body and the Apple Green wheels are an original color from 1932.

Bob Crissey and Clarence Rankin did 99% of the restoration. Rudy Licursi did the other 1%, which consists of the pinstripes and the V-8 logo on the wheels.

 

The options on this car are the dual side mounts and mirrors and the trunk and wing windows. There are no windows except for side curtains, which we have not used even in the rain.

The 32 Ford was a favorite of Bonnie and Clyde and also John Dillenger who is reported to have written Henry Ford about the speed of the car. This V-8 is basically the same used up to 1953.

 



Copyright © BigAlsList.com. All rights reserved.
All trademarks, logos and brands are the property of their respective owners.
Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the User Agreement.